I almost forgot: LitReactor.com has published my latest craft column. I think it’s my best one so far. This time the topic is nonlinear narrative (which you might remember me posting about last year). I discuss use of this particular style in the new book from Jennifer Egan, A Visit from the Good Squad, as well as movies like Memento. I also post an awesome short story, Continuity of Parks by Julio Cortazar, and I offer my own rendition (butchering?) of the classic fable Little Red Riding Hood.
And, as always, audience participation is encouraged!
- Get Cramped with LitReactor – NaNoWriMo Plot Generating Ideas (writerscrampblog.wordpress.com)
- October is Word Nerd Month (writerscrampblog.wordpress.com)
- Cliffhangers – The literary kind, not the Stallone kind…well actually, a little Stallone & Durango! (writerscrampblog.wordpress.com)
- Pulp Fiction….. (meridiancrossfit.wordpress.com)
- Nonlinear storytelling in “Pulp Fiction” (gointothestory.com)
- Pulitzer prize winner drafts book in PowerPoint (slideshare.net)
- Jennifer Egan looks at aging in ‘Goon Squad’(sfgate.com)